ATI, now being as AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when releasing video cards drivers. It supposes one release per month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are made not immediately, but gradually. And it is possible to look after this process very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors, addition new useful functions and increase in performance in certain games and tests.
The new version of AMD Catalyst 11.6 driver was presented the other day. List of its changes for Windows looks like the following:
- AMD Steady Video. Steady Video is currently an AMD exclusive feature based on AMD APP Technology. By applying advanced algorithms behind the scenes, users do not have to deal with shaky or unstable video ever again. Capabilities scale with hardware and are end user controlled.
- Image Stabilization brought to YouTube.
- Decode Acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content. AMD has enabled decode acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content in Microsoft video player applications (through MFT support) for all AMD Radeon 6000 Series.
- Performance gains in Crysis of up to 7% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
- Performance gains in F1 2010 of up to 8% in DirectX 11 mode on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
- Performance gains in Far Cry 2 of up to 5% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
- Performance gains in HAWX of up to 8% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
- Performance gains in the Unigine OpenGL tests of up to 10% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
It is possible to download new driver AMD Catalyst 11.6 from our catalog: