RITLabs that is known for its mail client The Bat!, informed about the release of version 5.0.8. The Bat! – is very popular program. It supports wide e-mail functionality, works fast and doesn’t cost too much. The Bat! is in the middle between Microsoft Outlook and free Mozilla Thunderbird.
There are sending and receiving messages, messages encryption, spell checking, multilanguage interface, skin support and many other in the list of functionality of The Bat!.
There are following changes in version 5.0.8:
- New image download manager
- Added a visual indicator for loading message lists of IMAP folders
- Color groups can be assigned to IMAP messages
- Improved certificate chain building for X.509 in S/MIME and TLS
- IMAP. Partial message loading
- IMAP. Loading of remotely stored attachments
- "Resend to" action added to support both local and remote attachments
- Excel compatibility option added when exporting contacts in CSV format
- Graceful server disconnect for IMAP
- An account option to not use filters on IMAP in the "IMAP fine-tune" section
- It's now possible to search for RegExp and other The Bat!-specific criterias in IMAP folders and in offline-mode (in cached messages only)
- IMAP connection is now monitored mostly like in versions prior to 5
- It's now possible to define colour and text style for Quick Search tabs
- Information about selected/total and filtered messages is now displayed on status bar in the main window and message viewer
- It's now possible to print from SmartBat
- Better decoding/encoding of some badly-encoded national characters, The Bat! now uses smarter recovery algorithms
- Better display of unknown attributes of X.509 certificates
- Remove thread start/finish debug messages from the "ex_log.txt" file
- Getting folder contents was reorganized
- IMAP folder can be specified (and created if needed) as destination of filter
- Folder download options was reorganized
- Pop-up menus of IMAP accounts/folders was reorganized
- Cosmetic changes in IMAP download tab
- IMAP related account and folder properties was reorganized
- Redesigned IMAP folder manager
- Plugin API. Refined handling of before/after filter events
- %AttachOriginalFiles macros is now supported in all auto-generated messages (not only forward)
- IMAP message bases are now stored in a separate "IMAP" folders to prevent troubles when the user switches back and forth between versions 4 and 5 of The Bat!
It is possible to download it from the official site of the company.