ATI, now being as AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when releasing video cards drivers. It supposes one release per month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are made not immediately, but gradually. And it is possible to look after this process very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors, addition new useful functions and increase in performance in certain games and tests.
The new version of ATI Catalyst 10.8 driver was presented the other day. List of its changes for Windows looks like the following:
- OpenGL ES 2.0 support. ATI Catalyst 10.8 delivers full support for OpenGL ES 2.0 specification. Enables 3D accelerated graphics within a web browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0. Supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- Video Quality default options. The Default video options for ATI Catalyst have been greatly enhanced to deliver the best quality video viewing experience. Users can also choose to apply these settings to Internet Video via a new checkbox control within the ATI Catalyst Control Center.
- Performance enhancement for Eyefinity Quad ATI CrossFireX configurations. Performance has been greatly improved for users running with ATI Eyefinity on a Quad ATI CrossFireX configuration.
- Anti-Aliasing support for StarCraft II. ATI Catalyst Control Center enabled Anti-Aliasing is now available for StarCraft II.
- Far Cry 2
- Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire configurations
- Performance increases 2-4% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire configurations
- Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series single and CrossFire configurations
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Performance increases 3-5% on CrossFire ATI Radeon HD 5800 series and CrossFire ATI Radeon HD 5700 series configurations
- Performance increases 5-10% on ATI Radeon HD 5600 series and ATI Radeon HD 5500 series configurations
New Catalyst Linux driver contains following changes:
- SLED/SLES 11 SP1 production support.
- ATI Catalyst 10.8 delivers full support for OpenGL ES 2.0 specification. Enables 3D accelerated graphics within a web browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0. Supported on Linux distributions.
It is possible to download new driver ATI Catalyst 10.8 from our catalog: