ATI, now being as AMD part, already for few years follows the tradition when releasing video cards drivers. It supposes one release per month. From one side such periodicity does not allow to bring in cardinal changes within the frame of a few updates, but innovations and corrections of errors are made not immediately, but gradually. And it is possible to look after this process very intently.
Changes are in next Catalyst can touch both the correction of errors, addition new useful functions and increase in performance in certain games and tests.
The new version of ATI Catalyst 10.2 driver was presented the other day. List of its changes for Windows looks like the following:
- New Features:
- ATI Catalyst application profiles for ATI CrossFireX supported configurations. This release of ATI Catalyst delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireX profiles in a separate executable file, ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC.
- ATI Catalyst support for PowerPlay on ATI CrossFireX technology supported configurations. Significant power saving benefits for users with ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series setup in ATI CrossFireX configurations.
- ATI Catalyst support for DisplayPort audio. This release of ATI Catalyst provides support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels.
- Support for ATI CrossFireX on Eyefinity configurations. Supported on the ATI Radeon HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series.
- Performance Improvements:
- DiRT 2. Overall performance improves up to 8% on ATI Radeon HD 5970, ATI Radeon HD 5800 series, and ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products
- Battleforge. CrossFire ATI Radeon HD 5870 performance improves up to 6%
- Unigine Heaven. DirectX 9 CrossFire performance has improved significantly on ATI Radeon HD 5700 and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series products
- The Chronicles of Riddick – Assault on Dark Athena. Overall performance on ATI Radeon HD 5970 improves up to 4%
New Catalyst Linux driver contains error corrections.
It is possible to download new driver ATI Catalyst 10.2 from our catalog: