More than two ago Mozilla Firefox 2 browser was released. A lot of experts and users agreed that there were too few modifications and updates for changing "1" index of version for index "2". Other words it should be Firefox 1.6. It was rather marketing step to draw public attention. At that time Opera 9 and Internet Explorer 7 were very serious competitors for old Firefox 1.5.
It was possible to download alpha-version of Firefox 3.0 in 6 weeks after version 2.0 released. The final 3.5 release was available in June 2009. And now after half a year of hard developing version 3.6 is ready.
The greatest part of modifications was bug fixing that were received from the testers' bug reports. Browser security, personalization, usability were updated. Performance and ability to develop adds-in were improved. Almost all add-ons that are possible to run in Firefox 3, are not run in Firefox 3.6.
These days new update 3.6 for Firefox was released. The list of changes looks as the following:
- Personas: Personalize the look of your Firefox by selecting new themes called Personas in a single click and without a restart
- Plugin Updater: To keep you safe from potential security vulnerabilities, Firefox will now detect out of date plugins
- Stability improvements: Firefox 3.6 significantly decreased crashes caused by third party software - all without sacrificing our extensibility in any way
- Form Complete: When filling out an online form, Firefox suggests information for fields based on your common answers in similar field
- Open Video and Audio: With the world’s best implementation of HTML 5 audio and video support, now video can be displayed full screen and supports poster frames
- Support for the latest HTML5 specification, including the File API for local file handling
- Font Support: In addition to OpenType and TrueType fonts, 3.6 now supports the new Web Open Font Format (WOFF)
- CSS gradients: Supports linear and radial CSS gradients which allow for a smoother transition between colors
- Device orientation: Firefox 3.6 exposes the orientation of the laptop or device to Web pages
It is possible to download Firefox 3.6 for various operational systems from the official site of the project: