iOS 9.0.2 is now available to download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The update is available over the air through the iOS Settings application, or via iTunes on a Mac or PC.
According to Apple, iOS 9.0.2 addresses the following issues:
- Fixes an issue with the setting to turn on or off app cellular data usage
- Resolves an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users
- Resolves an issue where an iCloud backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup
- Fixes an issue where the screen could incorrectly rotate when receiving notifications
- Improves the stability of Podcasts
iOS 9.0.2 arrives one week after iOS 9.0.1 was released to the public. Like that build, there was no beta of iOS 9.0.2 issued to developers.
While iOS 9.0.2 is a relatively minor update, Apple is expected to introduce more significant fixes, and potentially new features, with iOS 9.1. A third beta of that upcoming software update was released to developers on Wednesday.
Apple will also release OS X 10.11 El Capitan, its next-generation Mac operating system, later in the day.