More than a year ago the second popular browser Mozilla Firefox version was released. That time a lot of experts and users decided that there were few modifications and updates for changing 1 index of version for index 2. Other words it would Firefox 1.6. It is possible it was rather marketing step to draw public attention. That time rather modern Opera 9 and Internet Explorer 7 were the serious risk for moronically old Firefox 1.5.
It was possible to download new Firefox 3.0 alpha-version in 6 weeks. It was known under Gran Paradiso name. The final 3.0 release was available in June 2008. And now after a year of hard developing version 3.5 is ready.
The greatest part of modifications was fixing of the bugs that were received from the testers' bug reports. Browser security, personalization, usability were updated. Performance and ability to develop adds-in were improved. To the point, almost all add-ons that are possible to run in Firefox 3, are not run in Firefox 3.5.
These days new update 3.5 for Firefox was released. The list of changes looks just like this:
- Firefox 3.5 is based on the Gecko 1.9.1 rendering platform, which has been under development for the past year. Firefox 3.5 offers many changes over the previous version, supporting new web technologies, improving performance and ease of use. Some of the notable features are:
- Available in more than 70 languages. Support for the HTML 5 <video> and <audio> elements including native support for Ogg Theora encoded video and Vorbis encoded audio.
- Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
- The ability to share your location with websites using Location Aware Browsing.
- Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Support for new web technologies such as: downloadable fonts, CSS media queries, new transformations and properties,
It is possible to download Firefox 3.5 for various operational systems on the official site of the project: