LG Electronics today introduced a new User Interface (UI) for its newest Android Ice Cream Sandwich devices, aptly named Optimus UI 3.0.
Optimus UI 3.0 brings with it an array of new features, including Quick Memo and unlock functions, among other new features and functions.
A memo function called Quick Memo enables users to jot notes on the screen using a finger. Quick Memo in Optimus UI 3.0 allows users to share their thoughts through social networks, text messages and e-mails more conveniently than ever before.
Other new features include:
- the ability to unlock the phone by dragging anywhere on the screen;
- a new Pattern Lock that allows users to preset the most frequently used function, such as the camera, which automatically opens once the phone is unlocked;
- a simpler version of Optimus UI 3.0 for new smartphone users which organizes the main applications so that they are the easiest to access;
- a new Voice Shutter that allows users to capture photos using only voice commands;
- a special camera feature that enables users to pick up the best shot among multiple images including the moment just before the shutter button is depressed;
- an Icon Customizer that provides an additional level of personalization by allowing users to set their own photos as icons and shortcut images;
- the addition of a Download category to the menu for easier organization.
Optimus UI 3.0 will debut on the LG Optimus LTE II launching this week in Korea, followed by LG Optimus 4X HD in June.