There has been a lot of excitement in the processor market lately, but unfortunately for Intel, it has largely been an AMD affair. Don't misunderstand me; I am not saying Intel has been absent -- quite the contrary. What I mean to say is, as consumers awaited substantial news from Intel, the excitement has been focused on Threadripper.
This focus may shift soon, however, as today, Intel announces that its 8th generation Core processors are on the way. In fact, the company plans to officially launch the next-gen chips on August 21 -- the same day as the upcoming solar eclipse. The video platform on which the processors will be unveiled is interesting too -- Intel is leveraging Facebook Live.
"On Aug. 21, Intel will unveil the 8th Generation Intel Core processor family on Facebook Live. Watch as two exciting moments align: the Great American Solar Eclipse and the unveiling of Intel's most powerful family of processors for the next era of computing. Hear from those who are at the center of creating this technology and from creators who are using the power of 8th Gen Intel Core technology in new and exciting ways," says Intel.
The chip-maker shares the following "eight reasons to tune in." Get it? Eight? Yeah.
- Don’t be caught in the dark. Learn how the 8th Gen Intel Core processor family will offer blazing fast performance.
- Hear directly from Gregory Bryant, senior vice president of the Client Computing Group at Intel, and others about the details on the latest processor family and what it can help you do.
- Discover how immersive experiences will bring you from spectator to participant with 8th Gen Intel Core processor capabilities.
- Don’t just take our word for it. See the power of 8th Gen Intel Core technology come to life in the hands of a VR creator and imaging technologist.
- Get a sneak peek at some of the amazing system designs based on 8th Gen Intel Core processors.
- Start planning for what new 8th Gen Intel Core processor-based device to purchase in the holiday season and even before.
- Don’t worry, you won’t miss the solar eclipse. Tune in before it descends upon Oregon and the West Coast and then makes its way across the U.S.
- See how the 8th Gen Intel Core processor is designed for today and what comes next.
If you want to tune in live, you can simply navigate to Intel's Facebook here at 11am ET on August 21. Will you be tuning in? Tell me in the comments below.