Nokia selling Vertu to EQT VI, it's sad seeing it go

Nokia selling Vertu to EQT VINokia announced that EQT VI (an investment fund that's part of a private equity group in Northern Europe) is ready to acquire Vertu for unannounced amount.

Founded by Nokia in 1998 and headquartered in the UK, Vertu currently employs around 1,000 people worldwide. It has steadily seen constant growth these past years and it's the undisputed leader in the luxury phone segment. EQT VI will actually be acquiring 90% of the company's stock, with the other 10% remaining Nokia's. The transaction will happen in the second half of the current year.

Vertu Office

For us Vertu has always been an integral part of Nokia, with the company sharing some of Nokia's best technology, software and hardware know-how. We're sure part of Vertu's success was mainly due to it being an offshoot of Nokia's phone production. Rumors of the acquisition have been floating around for quite some time but this is the real deal. Obviously, Nokia didn't see Vertu as helping in its Windows Phone plans.

Our hope remains that we won't be seeing Vertu's shine fade away in the years to come.

Source: GSMArena

Tags: mobile phones, Nokia

Add comment

Your name:
Sign in with:
Your comment:

Enter code:

E-mail (not required)
E-mail will not be disclosed to the third party

Last news

Live videos on Instagram will appear the same way as its Stories
LG will to apply a modularized structure to its next flagship smartphone called 'G6
The app is no longer available for download from the store
GTX 1050 should hit 60FPS @ 1080p with no external power required
Steve Ballmer said Microsoft was ready to pay $24 billion
Qualcomm also reveals three new midrange Snapdragon processors
This is a major jump even from last month when the figure was a meager 34.4%
New MacBook Pros and Airs expected, 11-inch Air could be retired
Samsung Galaxy TabPro S - a tablet with the Windows-keyboard
The first Windows-tablet with the 12-inch display Super AMOLED
June 7, 2016 /
Keyboards for iOS
Ten iOS keyboards review
July 18, 2015 /
Samsung E1200 Mobile Phone Review
A cheap phone with a good screen
March 8, 2015 / 4
Creative Sound Blaster Z sound card review
Good sound for those who are not satisfied with the onboard solution
September 25, 2014 / 2
Samsung Galaxy Gear: Smartwatch at High Price
The first smartwatch from Samsung - almost a smartphone with a small body
December 19, 2013 /
HP Slate 7 is a 7-inch Android 4 Tablet PC with good sound
A cost-effective, 7-inch tablet PC from a renowned manufacturer
October 25, 2013 / 4

News Archive



Do you use microSD card with your phone?
or leave your own version in comments